Sunday, January 29, 2012

Baby Ripple Blanket - ta-dah!

I couldn't resist the Ripple fever, that rapidly spread among crochet addicted bloggers, caused by Lucy's lovely pattern. You cannot be indifferent to it - this simple and beautiful pattern makes you happy at every stage of work, because you see how nice it goes out from the first rows.
I made this baby blanket for a friend of mine, who became a mother few months ago. Unfortunately, now she lives far from me and I decided to make and send this little present for her and her daughter.
The blanket is 1*1.2 meters. The stripes go vertically. Each strips consists of two rows.
I added a little decorative fringe on the top and bottom sides of the blanket.
I used 50% wool and 50% acrylic yarn of three colors: purple, pink and white - 3 balls of each (200 m, 100 g each ball), and a 4 mm hook.
This crochet journey was rather exciting. Ripple motif is very addictive. At the beginning I needed about half an hour for a row and at the end I was doing that for about 10 minutes :)
The blanket was successfully delivered and I hope will be successfully used by it's owners. :)

3 comments:

  1. I like it. I wish I had such a blanket for myself :D Looks like a professional masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot! I'm glad, you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, such lovely colors for this ripple. I made a baby ripple a few months back and posted on my blog. They are a bit time consuming but worth it. Great work!

    ReplyDelete